Recipe by Sue Lau
Trader Joe's recipe.
Top Review by awalde
Yesterday we hat a great dinner with your recipe.
We all loved the combo-flavours and the moist chicken.
It's an easy recipe, I think nothing can go wrong and can be prepered in advance!
The chicken was perfect with some noodles as sidedish!
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 -4 lbs bone-in chicken breasts or 3 -4 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes or 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 cup black olives or 1 cup green olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Brown chicken pieces in olive oil.
- Saute onion and fennel in remaining oil until tender.
- Add garlic to onion, cooking just until fragrant before adding the wine to the pan.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, chicken broth and rosemary into the sauce then pour over the chicken in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Roast the chicken, covered, for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink by the bone, adding olives during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Check seasoning again before serving.