Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Scrumptious!! If you want extra sauce, use another can of tomatoes and a little more wine. This is great served over angel hair pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in basil.
- Add chicken and brown for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook uncovered over medium heat for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
very good and easy,
This has been a family favorite of mine for years. I found it in a cookbook while living in England. After browning the chicken you can put all ingregients in a crockpot on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. I add a squirt of lemon juice before serving.