Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices thin prosciutto, trimmed of fat (about 1 oz total)
- 2 ounces Fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces jarsroasted red sweet peppers, cut into strips (about 1/2 cup)
- fresh thyme (optional)
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine wine and the 2 tsp fresh or 1/2 tsp dried thyme.
- Set aside.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Place chicken piece between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the chicken lightly into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place a slice of prosciutto and one-fourth of the cheese on each chicken piece.
- Arrange one-fourth of the roasted peppers on cheese near bottom edge of chicken.
- Starting from the bottom edge, roll up jelly roll style; secure with toothpicks.
- Grill chicken directly over medium heat for 15 to 17 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Turn to cook evenly and brush with sauce.
- If desired, garnish with fresh thyme.
I've made this several times and really enjoy it. I usually do not add the cheese and don't feel it is missing anything without it, it's just a bit healthier. The simple mixture of prosciutto, chicken and roasted red pepper is fantastic. I use fresh thyme from my garden and home made roasted red peppers. Thanks for posting, I'll keep making this one.