Prep 7 mins
Cook 6 mins
"Calorie commando recipe" This is an adopted recipe, will be experimenting with it soon. Any changes I make will be noted so nobody loses the original.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 slices prosciutto (thin slices) or 4 slices serrano ham, trimmed of excess fat (thin slices)
- 8 pieces chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine the honey and mustard in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Cut the prosciutto into 1/2-inch lengths.
- Roll the chicken in the honey mustard, then wrap a prosciutto strip around each piece of chicken and, if needed, secure it with toothpick.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick 12-inch skillet over high heat.
- When oil is hot, place chicken in the skillet.
- Sear on 1 side for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until crispy.
- Turn the pieces, and repeat on all sides.
- Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.
Very nice and quick. Bit heavy on the mustard.
These are a great low carb alternative to chicken strips/nuggets. The proscuitto and touch of honey give off a little sweetness and the tang of the mustard gives a nice contrast to that. Delicious. Used in a Caesar salad instead of just plain grilled chicken. :)