Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
It seems like almost every soup recipe I eat has beans in it. I'm not complaining, mind you, but this is a nice change. Healthy pozole that also looks pretty in a bowl!
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 28 ounces chicken broth, roughly 2 cans
- 10 ounces corn, frozen package
- 4 ounces green chilies, small can undrained
- 2 1⁄4 ounces olives, sliced small can
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- cilantro (optional)
- Combine onion, oil, oregano, garlic and cumin in larpot. Cover and cook over medium heat about 6 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir broth, corn, chilies and olives into onion mizture. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- While soup is cooking, cut chicken into thin strips. Add to soup. Recude heat to medium-low and cook for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with cilantro if that floats your boat. Also, to kick up the heat use two cans of chilies.