Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This I had mostly left overs! And the family didn't know the difference! It did disappear!! They loved it just as your family would love it!
- 2 left over chicken breasts, that were seasoned, grilled, and diced
- 2 cups left over mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup cooked asparagus, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 fresh red pepper, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- grated cheese
- Spray a pie pan with pam.
- Layer chicken in bottom of pan.
- Follow with all the veggies except the mashed potatoes.
- Mix curry with soup and spread over vegies.
- Spread potatoes over veggies to seal in all.
- Add dabs of butter over potatoes sprinkle with paprika and cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes 350 degrees.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
This was very good! I used the corn, but instead of asparagus, I used a peas and carrots combo. Also, I forgot the red pepper, but I think next time I'll be sure to use it. I also left out the curry (DH can't stand it). I layered it in a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish and it turned out great. DH thought that it tasted a little like Thanksgiving. It really is surprising how tasty these few leftover ingredients can be. Thanks Rita for this new favorite for my Left-Overs cookbook!
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013 and I am so glad I picked this. This is great anytime and after Thanksgiving you can use leftover turkey (even if I know it says chicken). Anyway I used rotisserie chicken and I added onion and some garlic (always do) and fresh green beans for the asparagus (didn't have any). What is so nice you can use any vegetables that you have. I never used curry in my Shepards pie but I love that extra flavor. Definately going into my Favorites of 2013. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
This was a great recipe! We left out the curry and I didn't have any red pepper or asparagus on hand, so I added green pepper instead. We'll definitely be making this one again.