Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish combines my four favorite ingredients--potatoes, pasta, tomatoes, and chicken. These delicious ingredients are smothered in an amazing creamy garlic sauce!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups milk (I use anything but skim it's too watery)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 cup diced chicken breast (cooked)
- 1⁄2 lb penne pasta (cooked as directed on the box)
- combine the ingredients for the marinated tomatoes in a small bowl and whisk together. Then put the diced tomatoes into a large ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the tomatoes and set aside to let them marinate while you cook the rest of the dish. Turn the bag occasionally.
- While you are cubing the potatoes, preheat the oven to 450°F Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and add the 3 TBSP of olive oil, the 3/4 teaspoons salt and the 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Stir until the potatoes are coated. Cook for 25-30 minutes. Potatoes should be a golden color.
- For the sauce you will need put the stick of butter in a medium sauce pan and cook until melted. Then add the 3 TBSP of flour. Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring frequently. Then add the 2 tsp minced garlic and let cook for 3-5 more minutes stirring frequently. Add the milk and let it cook until thickened (about 10-15 minutes). Then add the parmesan and stir it inches.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the chicken breast, penne, and potatoes. Toss with the sauce.
- Dip out onto plates and top with the marinated tomatoes.