Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy to pop into the oven. A meal all in one packet.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small zucchini, cut in cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place each chicken breast on a piece of heavy duty foil.
- Mix the oil, rosemary, thyme, basil and garlic.
- Drizzle over the chicken.
- Top with potatoes, squash, onion, butter, salt and pepper.
- Fold the packets up securely.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 375* for 35-40 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
These were great! Wonderful recipe, as always, from Inez! Thanks for sharing this and so many others - I've enjoyed every one!
I made this tonight for supper. Taking a hint from some of the previous commenters, I used the whole amount of olive oil and seasonings, omitting the butter, for just two packets. I also cut up two peeled russet potatoes since we didn't have red potatoes. It was really easy and pretty good. But I think I'd prefer a different set of spices - and maybe even some Italian dressing in lieu of some of the olive oil. I think next time, I'd also like to pound the chicken to increase the surface are to maximize flavor. Overall, this was a really good introduction to "packet" recipes, and I'm already thinking of quite a few ways to go with the whole idea. Thanks!
This is a really useful recipe. Like another reviewer, I omitted the butter and just added extra olive oil to the mix. I cut the potatoes pretty small - maybe 1/2" chunks - to ensure they'd be done with the chicken. I agree with another reviewer, too, that marinating the chicken would be great, but if you don't have time, it's still quite tasty without any extra preparation.