Recipe by adena mangis
This is a yummy slow cooker soup. It is from the Six Ingredients or Less slow cooker cookbook.
Top Review by I'mPat
I didn't have small red potatoes and used large all purpose (peeled and cut to bit size pieces - my lot would not eat with skin on), I also used all fresh vegetables (for the frozen mix I threw in brocolli, cauliflower and carrot). At the end of the 6 hours I blended it with the stick blender (because I knew it was the only way I was going to get the DM to eat it) it was a creamy (though the DM did ask for extra cream - though none had been added) soup and very filling with buttered bread. Thank you adena mangis for a very filling soup, made for Revised Bargain Basement Game.
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 12 small red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into cubes
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and saute until partially cooked; they shouldn't be cooked through.
- Add chicken, potatoes, vegetables, onion, and broth to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 5 1/2 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender. (Check periodically to make sure it isn't cooked before 6 hours).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.