Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made up this recipe using what I had in the kitchen. It is a new family favorite! Super simple...and delicious!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Place cubed chicken, potatoes, garlic, celery, & onion in dish and toss together.
- 3. Mix water & chicken boullion until dissolved (or you can use 1/2 cup chicken broth).
- 4. Melt butter and add to chicken broth, also add cream of chicken soup, lemon juice, oregano, and italian seasoning, mix well, then pour over top of chicken and potatoes.
- 5. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- 6. Cover with foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
WOW! Best one dish chicken meal ever!!! I didn't just go back for seconds, but thirds, and fourths! This made more than 4 servings - four of us ate (plus all went back for seconds at least) and there is enough for another 3-4 servings...so that means this is a really low cal meal as well. Thanks so much for sharing!
We are a family of six and it is Hard to please everyone all of the time but everyone loved this recipe. I used cream of celery soup instead of cream of chicken because I wanted the celery flavor without the actual celery pieces. I omitted the salt and pepper ( but only because I forgot to add them) and I would recommend only using a tablespoon each of the Italian seasoning and Oreagno. I also served grated Parmesan and shredded Mozzarella on the side. I preferred the Mozzarella.