Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great way to use leftover roast chicken
- 4 cups cooked chicken, broken into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 large potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 cups broccoli florets (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk, divided
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix broth with cooked chicken.
- Butter 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Mince garlic and place in small bowl.
- Add to garlic, sour cream, 1/4 cup milk, onion, and mustard; stir.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
- In prepared baking dish, place 1/3 of the potatoes; top with half of the chicken and broccoli and half of the sour cream mixture.
- Repeat layer and then top with potatoes.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup of milk all over; sprinkle with lemon juice and Romano cheese.
- Mix together margarine and bread crumbs; spread all over.
- Bake in 375°F.
- oven about 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.