Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light Best Ever Slim-Down Recipes.
Make and share this Chicken, Potato, and Leek Potpie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 smoked bacon, slice chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups red potatoes, cubed (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups leeks, sliced (about 2)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth, fat-free, lower-sodium
- 0.5 (14 1/8 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until almost crisp, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potato and carrot; saute 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken to pan; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, leek, salt, and pepper; saute 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Slowly add broth to pan, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Spoon 1 1/4 cups mixture into each of 6 (8 ounce) ramekins. Cut dough into 6 (4 inch) circles (reroll dough scraps, if necessary). Place over ramekins, folding under and pressing down on edges to seal.
- Combine milk and egg white; brush over dough. Cut small slits in dough to vent. Bake at 450 for 30 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes.