Mami J's Note:
This recipe is based on a Martha Stewart recipe, but with a few adaptations. The dressing actually called for 3 tbs lemon juice , not lime juice and 5 garlic cloves, but I'm not a big garlic fan. I also use part skim requeson, which is very similar to ricotta. When I can't find cherry tomatoes, I just add wedges of Roma tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed dill leaves, coarsely chopped
- ground pepper
- 3/4 lb new potato
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves torn in half
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1Fill a large pot with enough water to cover chicken. Add garlic and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Place chicken in pot and gently simmer until cooke through, 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken and garlic and cool. Reserve cooking liquid.
- 2Meanwhile, place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cut potatoes in half. Set aside.
- 3To make dressing: Place garlic in food processor container. Pulse a few times. Add 2 tbs cooking liquid and lime juice, salt and ricotta. Pulse to combine. With machine running, add the olive oil a little at a time until mixture is emulsified. Stir in dill and season with pepper.
- 4Slice chicken breasts in strips. Divide chicken, lettuce leaves, potatoes, and tomatoes among serving plates.Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately with remaining dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Potato and Butter Lettuce With Light Ricotta Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 405.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: