Recipe by Mami J
This recipe is based on a Martha Stewart recipe, but with a few adaptations. The dressing actually called for 3 tbs lemon juice , not lime juice and 5 garlic cloves, but I'm not a big garlic fan. I also use part skim requeson, which is very similar to ricotta. When I can't find cherry tomatoes, I just add wedges of Roma tomatoes.
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
I made this a while back and forgot to leave feedback. I really enjoyed the salad. I used a bit more garlic then what was suggested and fresh key lime juice. This was a perfect dinner - exactly what I wanted! Thanks Mami!!!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed dill leaves, coarsely chopped
- ground pepper
- 3⁄4 lb new potato
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves torn in half
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover chicken. Add garlic and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Place chicken in pot and gently simmer until cooke through, 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken and garlic and cool. Reserve cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cut potatoes in half. Set aside.
- To make dressing: Place garlic in food processor container. Pulse a few times. Add 2 tbs cooking liquid and lime juice, salt and ricotta. Pulse to combine. With machine running, add the olive oil a little at a time until mixture is emulsified. Stir in dill and season with pepper.
- Slice chicken breasts in strips. Divide chicken, lettuce leaves, potatoes, and tomatoes among serving plates.Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately with remaining dressing on the side.