Prep 23 mins
Cook 26 mins
from Bamboo Restaurant in HI, taken from R. Ray's cookbook $40 a day.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons thai chili paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro leaves
- 30 wonton wrappers
For the dipping sauce
- 7 ounces Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Make filling: In a hot skillet, add the oil and heat. Add chicken, garlic, ginger, and shallots; sauté till chicken is thoroughly cooked. drain off excess fat and mix chicken with peanut butter, brown sugar, chili paste, basil, & cilantro. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Place a small amount of the filling in the center of a wonton. Bring the edges up around the filling, using a dab of water to "glue" edges.
- In a pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring two inches of water to a boil. Steam potstickers in basket until wrappers are translucent, 8 minutes. Serve with dipping sauce.
- For dipping sauce: purée all ingredients in food processor for 1 minute. Serve.