Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Best served immediately with a Thai beer. From Party Appetizers by Weldon Owen.
Make and share this Chicken Pot Stickers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- chili oil
- 24 wonton skins
- For filling, combine cabbage, spinach, chicken, ginger, onion, sugar, pepper, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, cornstarch and 1 tsp salt.
- For sauce, mix vinegar and remaining soy sauce with chili oil to taste. Set aside.
- Put 1 Tbsp of filling on each wonton. Dampen edges and pinch together around filling.
- Heat a small nonstick frypan at medium high. Add 2 tsp vegetable oil and put 8 to 10 pot stickers in pan. Fry until brown on bottom (about a minute).
- Add water to come halfway up the sides of the pot stickers and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 8 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over high heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve with sauce.