Recipe by Chef Patience
This recipe came from the Ultimate Chinese cookbook.
Top Review by kimmaboo
the dough for the noodle was a little stiff so they turned out a little thicker than i like and the meat was a little dry i used Chicken. i will make these again but will make the dough a little softer so its easer to roll and maybe add a little broth to the meat and more veggies to the mix thank you for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 -8 tablespoons hot water
- oil, for frying
- 1⁄2 cup water, for steaming
- 5 1⁄2 ounces finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 ounce canned bamboo shoot, drained and chopped
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Add oil and water (start with half the water, then add more if needed), and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface, the wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minute.
- While dough is resting, max all of the filling ingredients together.
- Set aside.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness.
- Cut into 5 in circles.
- Place 1 tsp filling onto each circle.
- Fold dough over filling to form a packet, pressing edges to seal.
- Lightly fry dumplings in a wok, in batches, until browned.
- Add ½ c water to wok, cover, and steam for 5 minute.
- If desired, garnish with green onions.
- Serve with soy sauce for dipping.