Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
A simple chicken dish that is a dream to cook up at the last minute. Came from my mum's recipe book. I make it once a week.
- 1 chicken
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 packets mushrooms, sliced
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients except the onions and the mushrooms for 1 hour Spread the onions in a pot (which is big enough to hold the whole chicken and has a tight lid) Put the mushrooms on top of them Then place the chicken on the veges Cook on sim for till chicken is done Keep checking if there is enough liquid as the onions should not burn They will caramalise and form a sauce with the musrooms If there is a dearth of liquid in the vessel put a tblsp of water at a time just enough to keep the dish from burning IF there is a lot of liquid that remains at the end of the cooking time then keep the vessel uncovered and the gas on full till all the liquid evaporates.
- Serve hot in a plate with the sauce poured on top of the chicken.
What a great recipe Fay! I have to admit that I assembled the dish with the onions and mushrooms underneath the chicken and then poured over the marinade and left it for a couple of hours before I cooked it. I added a little more water during cooking time, and the results were superb. It looked and tasted fantastic. I'll definitely be making this recipe again and again. Thank you so much.