Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious chicken pot pie with a different kind of topping, and it is VERY EASY to make.
Make and share this Chicken Pot Pie With Pepper Biscuit Topping recipe from Food.com.
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken (Perdue Shortcuts)
- 1 small red potatoes (cubed)
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, green beans )
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (Campbell's)
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING
- 8 ounces refrigerated biscuit dough, thawed in refrigerator (Pillsbury Grands)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- If chicken is not already cooked, cook the chicken by sautéing in butter or boiling in water. In a small pot of water, boil the red potato until almost tender and then cut into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients for the filling. Transfer to a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and place the baking dish onto the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and discard the foil. The mixture should be bubbling. Gently stir mixture to evenly distribute the heat.
- Open can of biscuit dough and arrange over top of baking dish and mixture.
- Brush top of biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Return to oven and continue baking for another 15 minutes, or until biscuits have risen and are golden brown.