1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is a delicious chicken pot pie with a different kind of topping, and it is VERY EASY to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken (Perdue Shortcuts)
- 1 small red potatoes (cubed)
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, green beans )
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (Campbell's)
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- 3If chicken is not already cooked, cook the chicken by sautéing in butter or boiling in water. In a small pot of water, boil the red potato until almost tender and then cut into small cubes.
- 4In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients for the filling. Transfer to a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and place the baking dish onto the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
- 5Remove from oven and discard the foil. The mixture should be bubbling. Gently stir mixture to evenly distribute the heat.
- 6Open can of biscuit dough and arrange over top of baking dish and mixture.
- 7Brush top of biscuits with melted butter and sprinkle with black pepper.
- 8Return to oven and continue baking for another 15 minutes, or until biscuits have risen and are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie With Pepper Biscuit Topping
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.1
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 120.1 mg
- Sodium 1703.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 45.0 g