Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
New Spin on Classic Chicken Pot Pie- Can be made with lower Fat ingredients to lighten up dish
Make and share this Chicken Pot Pie With Flaky Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup quartered baby carrots
- 3⁄4 cup frozen green pea
- 12 ounces chicken gravy
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- Oven 375 degrees. Roll Puff Pastry on floured surface into 11 inch round. In skillet heat oil. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink. Add onions, carrots and cook for 5 minutes until tender. Remove from heat add in peas. In a bowl mix all remaining ingredients except egg. Stir this mixture in with the chicken and vegetables. Pour into 9 inch pie plate. Cover with puff pastry allowing it to hang over edge. Cut a few slits in pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake 20 minutes. Brush top with beaten egg and cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent burning. Bake additional 20 minutes until crust is golden brown. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.