Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup quartered baby carrots (5-6 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll puff pastry; with rolling pin, roll pastry into 11-inch square.
- Cut off corners to make an 11-inch round; cut slits or small designs in several places in pastry; set aside.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over med-high heat.
- Cook chicken in oil about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center.
- Add onion and carrots; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in peas.
- In a bowl, beat remaining ingredients except egg with wire whisk until well blended.
- Stir into chicken mixture in skillet.
- Spoon into 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate.
- Place pastry over filling, allowing pastry to hang over edge.
- Bake 20 minutes; brush crust with beaten egg.
- Cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excess browning.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown; let stand 10 minutes before serving.