1 hr 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup quartered baby carrots (5-6 oz.)
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2On lightly floured surface, unroll puff pastry; with rolling pin, roll pastry into 11-inch square.
- 3Cut off corners to make an 11-inch round; cut slits or small designs in several places in pastry; set aside.
- 4In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over med-high heat.
- 5Cook chicken in oil about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center.
- 6Add onion and carrots; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in peas.
- 8In a bowl, beat remaining ingredients except egg with wire whisk until well blended.
- 9Stir into chicken mixture in skillet.
- 10Spoon into 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate.
- 11Place pastry over filling, allowing pastry to hang over edge.
- 12Bake 20 minutes; brush crust with beaten egg.
- 13Cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excess browning.
- 14Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie With Flaky Crust
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.8
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 466.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 19.0 g