1/6 Photos of Chicken Pot Pie With Cheese Biscuit Top
1 hr 10 mins
Seasoned Cook's Note:
I have cooked chicken pot pie many times and have finally perfected a recipe which is a success. It has the right consistency and flavor which we enjoy. And now, I'm sharing this easy dish with you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook chicken breasts in salted water until done. Cool and chop.
- 2In same water cook onions, celery, carrots and potatoes until almost done, then drain, reserving 1/2 cup of broth.
- 3In a bowl mix 1/4 cup sour cream (no more) with soup and 1/2 cup broth. Fold in chopped chicken, vegetables and soup mixture. Pour into a 3 quart casserole baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle cheese over mixture. Open biscuits and separate each in half to make 10 biscuits, a "must do" because I have found they don't get completely done in the middle if left whole. Cover top of casserole with the 10 biscuits pieces.
- 5Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes until biscuits are brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie With Cheese Biscuit Top
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.8
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 1220.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: