Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have cooked chicken pot pie many times and have finally perfected a recipe which is a success. It has the right consistency and flavor which we enjoy. And now, I'm sharing this easy dish with you!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 946.36 ml salt water
- 29.58 ml onions, diced
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 small potatoes, diced
- 304.75 g cream of chicken soup
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 170.09 g canof 5 flakey biscuits (I use Hungry Jack)
- Cook chicken breasts in salted water until done. Cool and chop.
- In same water cook onions, celery, carrots and potatoes until almost done, then drain, reserving 1/2 cup of broth.
- In a bowl mix 1/4 cup sour cream (no more) with soup and 1/2 cup broth. Fold in chopped chicken, vegetables and soup mixture. Pour into a 3 quart casserole baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture. Open biscuits and separate each in half to make 10 biscuits, a "must do" because I have found they don't get completely done in the middle if left whole. Cover top of casserole with the 10 biscuits pieces.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes until biscuits are brown.
I used mixed veggies and potatoes in the dish. It was easy to make and enjoyed the dish.
This was a very good chicken pot pie. My husband loved. I omitted the onions and added peas and corn. Very easy too. Will be making it again.
This was really good. I followed instructions as is only I added some frozen peas when I mixed everything together and placed in baking dish.
It surprised me as I normally don't condone using soup instead of a roux for sauces