1/11 Photos of Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Crust
This is a combo of my Chicken Pot Pie filling and my mother in-law's Biscuit Style Crust. They go together fabulously. This is awesome with a double crust, but if you are watching your fat intake, it is also yummy with just a top crust. Also, the homemade gravy is wonderful, but if you have leftover gravy or prefer to use canned or jarred, this is even easier. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces or cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1Crust: This is for just a top crust.
- 2if you would like a top and bottom, double the recipe.
- 3Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter until it resembles small peas.
- 4Add milk all at one and stir just to moisten.
- 5Pour out onto a floured surface and knead about 8 times.
- 6Roll into desired shape, depending if you are using a round or square casserole dish.
- 7If you are making two crusts, make sure you roll the bottom one larger.
- 8Filling: Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- 9Stir in flour, chopped onions, salt and pepper.
- 10Cook until mixture is bubbly, stirring constantly.
- 11Remove from heat and whisk in broth and milk.
- 12Put back over heat and heat to boiling, stirring constantly for a couple minutes, until thickened.
- 13(YOU CAN IGNORE THE ABOVE IF YOU HAVE ABOUT 2 CUPS OF LEFTOVER GRAVY--JUST HEAT IT UP IN A SAUCEPAN).
- 14Add chicken and frozen peas and carrots into the mixture and combine.
- 15Remove from heat.
- 16Putting it together: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 17Pour chicken mixture into 2 quart casserole (lined with one crust if you want a bottom crust).
- 18Lay crust over mixture and press into the inside edges of dish.
- 19Make a couple slits in the center of crust with a sharp knife.
- 20If you are doing a top and bottom crust, crimp edges to seal.
- 21Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuit Crust
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.3
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 820.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: