Recipe by cfletcher
I've searched for a chicken pot pie that had a bit more flavour, couldn't find one so I made this last night. I have to say that it had a very nice flavour and texture. The secret is adding mustard! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did !
- 2 large chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 3 large carrots, cubed
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 297.66 g cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml milk
- 14.79 ml coarse grain mustard, Dijon
- 28.34 g chicken bouillon, package
- 1 frozen pie crust, dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken.
- Fry on medium or lower until cooked through. You might have to reduce the heat so that the chicken will NOT brown - just cook.
- While the chicken is cooking slowly, chop the onions and celery.
- Add onions and celery to the same pan as the chicken
- Cover the chicken and vegetables so that they become tender.
- While this is cooking, chop the potatoes and carrots - cubed.
- Boil potatoes and carrots until fork tender.
- Add frozen peas about 5 minutes before the potatoes and carrots are done.
- In a separate bowl, mix chicken soup, milk, chicken boullion and mustard -- consistency should be loose (you might have to add a bit more milk to make it a sauce).
- Drain vegetables and add to a large casserole dish.
- Remove chicken and chop into bit size pieces - add to casserole.
- Add softened onions and celery on top of casserole.
- Pour soup mixture on top of casserole.
- Roll out pie dough on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 - 45 minutes until pie dough is golden brown.