1/1 Photo of Chicken Pot Pie With a Twist!
I've searched for a chicken pot pie that had a bit more flavour, couldn't find one so I made this last night. I have to say that it had a very nice flavour and texture. The secret is adding mustard! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 3 large carrots, cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 10 1/2 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard, Dijon
- 1 ounce chicken bouillon, package
- 1 frozen pie crust, dough
- 1Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- 2Add salt and pepper to the chicken.
- 3Fry on medium or lower until cooked through. You might have to reduce the heat so that the chicken will NOT brown - just cook.
- 4While the chicken is cooking slowly, chop the onions and celery.
- 5Add onions and celery to the same pan as the chicken
- 6Cover the chicken and vegetables so that they become tender.
- 7While this is cooking, chop the potatoes and carrots - cubed.
- 8Boil potatoes and carrots until fork tender.
- 9Add frozen peas about 5 minutes before the potatoes and carrots are done.
- 10In a separate bowl, mix chicken soup, milk, chicken boullion and mustard -- consistency should be loose (you might have to add a bit more milk to make it a sauce).
- 11Drain vegetables and add to a large casserole dish.
- 12Remove chicken and chop into bit size pieces - add to casserole.
- 13Add softened onions and celery on top of casserole.
- 14Pour soup mixture on top of casserole.
- 15Roll out pie dough on top of casserole.
- 16Bake at 350 F for 35 - 45 minutes until pie dough is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie With a Twist!
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.1
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 910.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard