1/18 Photos of Chicken Pot Pie With 2 Crusts
1 hr 10 mins
This is old-fashioned, from scratch, comfort food. This has been a family favorite for years. I like to take this to other families when they are in need of a meal. It's always a winner. I like making it with leftover turkey, too! I often add some cooked diced potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter over low heat until melted.
- 2Blend in flour, onion, salt and pepper.
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in broth and milk.
- 6Heat to boiling; stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute.
- 7Stir in chicken and veggies. (Add in 1 - 2 diced cooked potatoes if you like!).
- 9Line pie plate with prepared bottom crust.
- 10Pour in filling.
- 11Top with top crust. Cut slits in center to vent. Flute edges.
- 12Cook uncovered in 425°F oven until crust is brown; approximately 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie With 2 Crusts
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.3
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 914.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 20.3 g