This is old-fashioned, from scratch, comfort food. This has been a family favorite for years. I like to take this to other families when they are in need of a meal. It's always a winner. I like making it with leftover turkey, too! I often add some cooked diced potatoes.
- Heat butter over low heat until melted.
- Blend in flour, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and milk.
- Heat to boiling; stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute.
- Stir in chicken and veggies. (Add in 1 - 2 diced cooked potatoes if you like!).
- Line pie plate with prepared bottom crust.
- Pour in filling.
- Top with top crust. Cut slits in center to vent. Flute edges.
- Cook uncovered in 425°F oven until crust is brown; approximately 30-35 minutes.