From Microwave Entertaining. Feel free to skip out on the pate brisse as its its own recipe in itself and just eat as a stew, if you'd like to use a storebought or homemade shell, just bake it as per directions beforehand fill it right before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pastry dough, pate brisse (optional Pate Brisee) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/4 lbs sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 20 white pearl onions (peeled, or 16 ounces frozen)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt (to taste)
- 2 sprigs tarragon (4 inches long, or 1 tsp dried)
- 1In 4-quart casserole dish combine butter, oil and garlic.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap leaving one end turned back and cook on high for 1 1/2-2 minutes on high or until butter is melted.
- 3Stir in flour.
- 4Add wine and stir.
- 5Cover and cook again 2-3 minutes to boil and thicken.
- 6Stir in sweet potatoes and onions.
- 7Cover again and cook on high 12-14 minutes; stirring after 6; until potatoes are tender.
- 8Stir in remaining ingredients and cook covered on high for 20-22 minutes; stirring after 10; or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- 9Let stand covered 10 minutes.
- 10To serve: spoon into 6 ramekins or soup plates (or premade pie shell) and (optional) place 2 pate brisee cutouts on top of each.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie W/ Red Wine & Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 263.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: