1/3 Photos of Chicken Pot Pie W/ Puff Pastry
Biffy 62's Note:
This recipe is a favorite in our house. Using the puff pastry makes it very quick and easy to prepare. I also use pie pastry when I don't have puff pastry on hand. I usually make this pie in a 9"x13" baking dish but when it's busy I just divide it into two 8" square dishes. Notes: If chicken breasts are frozen just boil them in water and remove skins. You can always add your harder vegetables to cook with the chicken. Cubed carrots, potatoes, etc. A great tip if you're like me and don't tend to keep cream, buttermilk or whipping cream on hand. I buy these containers and divide them into muffin tins and freeze. Then I pop them out and store them in resealable bags. Each cube is about 1/4 cup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (397 g) package puff pastry, thawed and rolled for top
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup light cream or 3/4 cup milk
- 2 3/4 cups cooked chicken (cut up) or 2 3/4 cups cooked turkey (cut up)
- 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1Thaw pastry according to package directions.
- 2Heat butter in large saucepan. Cook onion in butter until tender-crisp.
- 3Add flour and seasonings, mixing until smooth.
- 4Gradually stir in broth and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and is smoothly thickened.
- 5Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- 6Cool slightly. Spoon into baking dish.
- 7Place rolled out puff pastry on top and make slits for steam to escape.
- 8You can brush with egg white. (opt.).
- 9Bake on lower rack in oven @ 375*F. until filling is bubbling and crust is puffed and golden brown. 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie W/ Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 977.7
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.3 mg
- Sodium 718.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 36.6 g