Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This soup is flavorful and satisfying. I clipped it from a recent newspaper article. This will make 8 1-cup servings.
- 7.39 ml rosemary, leaves crushed
- 7.39 ml thyme leaves
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 19.71 ml butter, divided
- 226.79 g package mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml carrot, sliced
- 118.29 ml flour
- 946.36 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 453.59 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 354.88 ml frozen pearl onions
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 8 bread, slices thin
- 4.92 ml oil
- Mix rosemary, thyme and garlic powder in small bowl; reserve 1/2 t.
- Heat 1 t butter in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, and remaining seasoning mixture; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from saucepan; set aside.
- Melt remaining 3 t butter in saucepan on medium heat, stirring to release browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until flour is lightly browned.
- Gradually stir in broth until well blended.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable mixture, chicken, pearl onions and peas; simmer 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut bread into rounds with 3-inch cookie cutter.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Brush bread with oil and sprinkle with reserved seasoning mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- To serve soup, ladle into soup bowls and top each with 1 crouton (bread).