Recipe by CookyCookie
A great twist on a delicious and easy classic. This one-dish meal includes veggies, chicken, and biscuits, and makes dinner simple and quick.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) can biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- For part 1,sauté diced onions and minced garlic in olive oil until onions are soft. Place in a bowl to the side.
- Pan-sear chicken with spices to taste until cooked all the way through.
- Cube chicken into bite-size pieces. Place in same bowl to the side.
- For part 2, combine all ingredients in an 11x7 casserole/baking dish. Mix until well blended.
- Add chicken, onions and garlic. Mix well.
- Bake at 375F for 10-15 minutes.
- For part 3, remove dish from oven and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Place uncooked biscuits, slightly flattened, to cover the top of casserole.
- Bake at 375F for another 20-25 minutes, or until biscuits turn golden brown.
- Check to make sure the bottoms of biscuits are cooked, without overcooking the tops.
- Let cool to thicken, and serve. Enjoy!