Recipe by deinemuse
I had a craving for chicken potpie, but since I am on a diet I had to change it up a bit. Turned out really great! 430 calories 13 grams of fat 35 grams carbs 38 grams protein
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
Aha! I now have a reduced fat recipe for when I want pot pie with a flaky crust! All the other reduced fat recipes I've found have had a Bisquick crust. Despite DH's attempt to burn the bejeezus out of this (he had it in the oven for 44 minutes!!) it was very tasty and, apparently, very forgiving LOL! The only reason I don't give it five stars is that I had some difficulty working the crescent rolls for the top crust. It was easy to smush the bottom crust together, but on top it was much trickier. Thank you for posting, this is definitely a keeper! Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb chicken breast
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Dice the chicken into small cubes and pan fry them with some cooking spray.
- Add soup with 1/2 can water.
- Add mixed vegetables.
- Cook down mixture on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- In a pie pan roll out half the crescent roll and smuch until it takes up the whole bottom and sides of the pan.
- Add mixture from frying pan.
- Cover top with other half of crescent roll.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.