Recipe by sherman44444
Great quick dinner recipe. Perfect for cold days. I found this in an old Cooking Light magazine. Total time: 32 minutes.
- cooking spray
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-size pieces or 8 ounces chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup mushroom, quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut 3 (4-inch) circles out of dough, discard remaining dough.
- Place dough circles on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat dough with cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Pierce top of dough with fork.
- Bake dough at 425 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Combine flour, sage, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a zip-top plastic bag; add chicken.
- Seal bag, and toss to coat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken mixture, cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Stir in water, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in vegetables, mushrooms, and soup, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1 cup chicken mixture into each of 3 (1-cup) ramekins or bowls.
- Top each with 1 pie crust.
- Yield: 3 servings. (serving size:1 pie).