Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another easy and inexpensive meal. This started off as a simple receipe I found and ended with alot of my own adjustments. If you reheat the leftovers later, the consistency does get thicker.
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 236.59 ml frozen carrots
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml pepper
- 6 biscuits (medium size)
- 340.19 g cream of chicken soup
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml celery
- 118.29 ml water
- Brown the chicken. Cook the biscuits according to the directions on them.
- Add all the ingredients except for the biscuits and cheese. Add 1/2 C water. Stir until blended.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until everything seems thick enough to your preferred taste. Remove from heat.
- Add the cheese and cover for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted some. Stir.
- Serve on warm biscuits.
WOW! This was fantastic! It was easy to assemble, and made it to the dinner table in a jiff! The vegetables added a nice texture to the dish, and the sauce was excellent! I only wish I could have taken a picture because it looks as good as it tastes, but I couldn't find my camera! Thanks for posting this keeper, we are happy you did! :) ------------------------------------------- Update: July 8,2008 We've had this several times now, and it is always wonderful! I would say it's a lot like chicken pot pie, only so much easier to make! Thanks again for posting your wonderful recipe, we do have it often! :)