Recipe by Chef Mindi
This is another easy and inexpensive meal. This started off as a simple receipe I found and ended with alot of my own adjustments. If you reheat the leftovers later, the consistency does get thicker.
Top Review by V.A.
WOW! This was fantastic! It was easy to assemble, and made it to the dinner table in a jiff! The vegetables added a nice texture to the dish, and the sauce was excellent! I only wish I could have taken a picture because it looks as good as it tastes, but I couldn't find my camera! Thanks for posting this keeper, we are happy you did! :) ------------------------------------------- Update: July 8,2008 We've had this several times now, and it is always wonderful! I would say it's a lot like chicken pot pie, only so much easier to make! Thanks again for posting your wonderful recipe, we do have it often! :)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 6 biscuits (medium size)
- 12 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chicken. Cook the biscuits according to the directions on them.
- Add all the ingredients except for the biscuits and cheese. Add 1/2 C water. Stir until blended.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until everything seems thick enough to your preferred taste. Remove from heat.
- Add the cheese and cover for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted some. Stir.
- Serve on warm biscuits.