Top Review by thurstondonnie
Thoroughly enjoyed by my whole family. I used fat free cottage cheese in place of the ricotta and just whipped it in the blender. Great substitute for those that don't care for ricotta. We will have this again sometime for sure!
- to taste lasagna noodle, uncooked
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, diced
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon thyme, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, ground (cayenne)
- 1 (15 ounce) carton low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat swiss cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Spray a Dutch oven or large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and saute 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain well and set aside. Recoat Dutch oven with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, carrots and onions; saute 6 minutes.
- Set aside. Place flour in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a wire whisk until blended; stir in sherry.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt and red pepper.
- Reserve one cup of sauce and set aside. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Swiss cheese. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of a 13 x9 x 2-inch pan.
- Arrange 4 pieces of the lasagne (3 lengthwise, 1 widthwise)over the sauce. Top with half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of chicken mixture and half of remaining sauce mixture. Repeat layers, ending with 4 pieces of lasagne. Spread reserved 1 cup of sauce over the last complete layer of lasagne, being sure to cover the lasagne completely.
- Cover lasagne with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Uncover lasagne, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Re-cover and let stand 15 minutes before serving.