Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I LOVE this recipe! Especially on a chilly day. It really hits the spot!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (I like the Pillsbury one best!)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (I use the one that has the herbs already in it so i don't have to add anything else)
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water (I would start slow on the liquid. you can always add more to it if you would like to) or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk (I would start slow on the liquid. you can always add more to it if you would like to)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli, steamed (I use the steamfresh bags because then there is one less pot that i have to use, also, you can use a)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take out the refrigerated pie crust.
- Thoroughly cook chicken breast, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Steam broccoli.
- Combine cream of chicken, milk/water, cooked and diced chicken, and steamed broccoli to a pot.
- Mix all ingredients together and once warmed through, put in an oven safe baking dish. (preferable one where it comes up to the top of the dish. your pie shell will then be able to sit nicely on top).
- Unroll the pie crust and place on top of your dish. Push the sides down into the sides of the the dish.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown.
I made this recipe with a left-over baked chicken leg and thigh, the frozen broccoli (used about half a bag of the family sized), and about half a can of water as my family is slightly lactose intolerant. was a very good, quick and easy meal!