Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
while reading crepes cookbook came up with this .its an amazing cookbook you can freeze half these before baked if at dinner party top each crepe with sliced mushroom and asparagus tip. if you want to make these meatless just sub veggie stock for chicken stock , these are warm and filling and have just plated and put in microwave with no baking.. very user friendly and filling
- 16 crepes
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 carrots, minced
- 1⁄4 lb asparagus tips, .blanched chopped
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, diced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- cook carrots in 1 c chicken stock.
- until almost tender.
- melt 2T butter and.
- saute asparagus first add onions and mushrooms and carrots.
- stir in peas.
- take out melt 3 T butter whisk in flour to make a roux stir in wine to make a stiff paste add enough broth to make a thick gravy add stock gradually add rest of stock and cook down on low 20 minutes.
- season gravy to your taste.
- you should have 3 cups of sauce add chicken to veggies.
- pour half sauce over and mix.
- mince the herbs fold into chicken mixture.
- add zest and lemon juice pepper.
- preheat oven to 350.
- grease 9x13 baking dish put in 1 cup sauce over bottom.
- spoon 1/2 c chicken mixture into each crepe roll into fat rolls.
- arrange them seam side down in baking dish setting close together.
- pour rest of sauce over top.
- sprinkle with cheese put half in freezer now with tinfoil on top.
- bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is golden brown.
- serve 2 crepes each. if freezing half cover with foil and bake frozen for 45 minutes at 375 remove foil bake 10 minutes more until sauce bubbly and browned.