Prep 25 mins
Cook 46 mins
This delicious casserole is a real family pleaser and makes good use of leftovers.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked new potatoes (unpeeled, cut into chunks)
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375*F. Spray 13 X 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl mix soup, milk and Italian Seasoning. Stir in potatoes, chicken and thawed vegetables.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each into quarters and add to the potato mixture, stirring gently to mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until top is deep golden brown and biscuits are no longer doughy inside. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 4 to 6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- (NOTE: Because I can't get the refrigerated biscuits over here in England, I use my own homemade ones and have had no problems doing so, in fact they probably taste better!).
I kept this in the oven for almost an hour.....the biscuits never got cooked - they were raw even after an hour. We picked the biscuit pieces out and ate the rest. Sorry for the poor review....I don't know what could've happened.
This was a quick and easy meal. Good meal for leftover chicken. Thanks for posting.
Very easy and simple weekday meal. I used the Perdue carved chicken breast, and just threw it together. I did skip the potato though, as we're not big potato people. But it was hearty and filling, and a nice dinner for a chilly school night.