Recipe by Lori Mama
This is my version of a pot pie. You can use the boxed stuffing mix if you prefer, but I chose to make my own, so I can control the salt and seasonings.
Top Review by Annacia
Last night we had this for dinner and what a pleasure! DH really had to travel in and deal with -45% temps both on the roads and in getting from one building to another. This was hot and waiting when he got home and he dived into it after a hot shower. It was delicious comfort on a plate. We really liked the crumb stuffing top too and, honestly, I wouldn't change a thing here.
- 946.36 ml coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 9.85 ml poultry seasoning
- 4.92 ml rubbed sage
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 354.88 ml sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 44.37 ml flour
- 591.47 ml milk, heated
- 4.92 ml maggie seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl combine first 8 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In large saute pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- add carrots/onion/celery/peppers.
- cook until almost done, about 10 minute
- add mushrooms and continue cooking another 5 minute.
- add garlic and saute another 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle flour over vegetable mixture
- and cook another 2 minute.
- pour heated milk into pan.
- stir until combined.
- bring to a boil and simmer until thickened.
- add cubed chicken and Maggie seasoning along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with non stick coating spray.
- Pour mixture into dish.
- evenly place stuffing over top.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minute.