Recipe by ~Bliss~
Quick and easy. I usually cook the chicken the nite before and allow it to cool. I nuke the soup, butter, broth together while chopping the chicken.
Top Review by LainieBug
This was total comfort food for us. I did use frozen peas and carrots as I don't care for canned. I also used Bisquick Heart Smart and skim milk and added some parsley and ground black pepper. I made individual pot pies in oval-shaped ramekins and baked for 45 minutes. The crust came out a very pretty golden brown.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (can use bullion cube)
- 1 (4 -5 ounce) can green peas, drained
- 1 (4 -5 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooked chicken, peas and carrots in bottom of baking dish; melt margarine and add to soup and broth.
- Mix well and pour over chicken and vegies.
- Mix Bisquick and milk and pour over all.
- I usually do this a while earlier, and let it sit.
- I like it a little "fluffier", and less like pie crust.
- Bake 1 1/2 hour at 350°F.
- Serves 6-8. ((I use the smaller cans of the peas and carrots, but you can also use the 14 oz. can of the combined peas and carrots. I've used whatever leftover cooked carrots I have on hand, and left over peas. The quantity of either is not that crucial. I also double the sauce if I'm in the mood for a saucier pot pie.)).
- I also make this with fresh mushrooms and broccoli.
- I either nuke the broccoli (frozen) or place it in the hot chicken broth to thaw and add it to the chicken at the bottom of dish.