Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Quick and easy. I usually cook the chicken the nite before and allow it to cool. I nuke the soup, butter, broth together while chopping the chicken.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (can use bullion cube)
- 1 (4 -5 ounce) can green peas, drained
- 1 (4 -5 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Place cooked chicken, peas and carrots in bottom of baking dish; melt margarine and add to soup and broth.
- Mix well and pour over chicken and vegies.
- Mix Bisquick and milk and pour over all.
- I usually do this a while earlier, and let it sit.
- I like it a little "fluffier", and less like pie crust.
- Bake 1 1/2 hour at 350°F.
- Serves 6-8. ((I use the smaller cans of the peas and carrots, but you can also use the 14 oz. can of the combined peas and carrots. I've used whatever leftover cooked carrots I have on hand, and left over peas. The quantity of either is not that crucial. I also double the sauce if I'm in the mood for a saucier pot pie.)).
- I also make this with fresh mushrooms and broccoli.
- I either nuke the broccoli (frozen) or place it in the hot chicken broth to thaw and add it to the chicken at the bottom of dish.
This was total comfort food for us. I did use frozen peas and carrots as I don't care for canned. I also used Bisquick Heart Smart and skim milk and added some parsley and ground black pepper. I made individual pot pies in oval-shaped ramekins and baked for 45 minutes. The crust came out a very pretty golden brown.