Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is farely easy and tastes fantastic!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 bag del sol frozen vegetables (brocolli, cauliflower, and carrot combination)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 frozen pie crusts (9 inch)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour chicken broth, salt and pepper into measuring bowl, add enough milk to equal 2 1/2 cups.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Gradually stir in broth mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and boils.
- Add chicken, vegetables, and italian seasoning.
- Place 1 pie shell into the bottom of 1 1/2 quart deep casserole dish.
- Add chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Place remaining pie shell on top of casserole.
- Brush pie shell with beaten egg.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling.