Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love chicken pot pie, but I couldn't find a recipe that wasn't too complicated. I hit on this tasty, quick version and have never looked back!
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use Healthy Request)
- 1 cup chicken broth (I prefer the low sodium version)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Arrange one of the piecrusts to line a deep-dish pie pan, or a casserole dish.
- In a microwave safe dish, cook the potatoes, carrots and onion for 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Drain well.
- Whisk together the soup, broth, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked vegetable mixture and chicken.
- Stir in the peas.
- Pour all into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with the other piecrust, crimping the edges to seal.
- Cut two slits into the crust.
- Place dish on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
very good and easy, my 6 year old loved helping me make this.
These are pretty simple pot pie for a biginner - because all are premixed Ü Though i think it has too much liquid, but overall these are great. I use Roxygirl's Basic Pie Crust I (117324). I use 1 chicken breast (steamed it together with carrots and potatoes before dicing) omit the peas and used sliced botton mushroom instead
I wasn't quite sure how this would turn out, because it seemed that I had too much filling, probably enough to make 2 pot pies. Also, I accidentally left the frozen pie crusts sitting on the counter too long, so they were totally thawed when I was ready to pour in the mixture. Needless to say, I had a mess on my hands! Somehow it still turned out well, and my husband and I enjoyed it.