Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy homemade chicken pot pie recipe that makes enough for 2 9-inch pies. You will need 2 9-inch pie tins for this recipe.
- 4 large chicken breasts, no skin
- 4 large potatoes, chopped in bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped (can use frozen)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 6 stalks celery, sliced small
- 2 (14 1/8 ounce) boxespillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- Place chicken in pot and cover with water just so it's covered. Cook until chicken is done (not pink in middle). Take chicken out of pan to cool.
- Using same water, put all veggies inches Cook until potatoes are fork tender but not too soft.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Pour out all liquid EXCEPT 2 cups of liquid. (can save rest of liquid for soup base later).
- Cut chicken in bite sized pieces and add to veggies. Add the 3 cans of soup and mix up. Add chicken broth/liquid to thin sauce as desired.
- Put bottom crusts into each pie tin. Spoon chicken mixture into the crusts but only to the edge and then cover with the top crust, folding edges tightly so it will not leak. Cut slits in the top crust.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Chicken filling should make 2 pies but might make more.