Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy to prepare and light recipe.
- 2 servings butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (canned ok)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 4 reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat a 10 inch round shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray. Add butter and melt over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, until tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add vegetables, broth, and chicken. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small cup, combine flour and ¼ cup of the evaporated milk; stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly, about 2 minute Stir in remaining ¼ cup of evaporated milk and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Spoon chicken mixture into prepared baking dish. Unroll crescent rolls and arrange dough around inside edge of baking dish to form a border (There will be a hole in the middle). Bake until rolls are golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
- Prep time: 20 minute.
- Cook time: 40 minute
- Serves 6.