Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my favorite pot pie recipe. I like to use individual dishes so I can put everyone's favorite (no onions etc) in their pie, then poke holes in top of their initials.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 3 potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3 carrots, peeled & cubed
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt & pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepilsbury refrigerated pastry dough
- Place 2 tbsp butter, chicken, veggies & seasonings in large pot, Cover with cold water and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer till juices in chicken are clear & veggies tender, 10-15 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, divide filling into separate bowls OR dump into a pie plate. Pour cooking juices into measuring cup to get 2 cups.
- Put 3 tbsp of butter in hot, empty pot.
- Add 1/3 c of flour and cook till bubbly.
- Add in cooking liquid and bring to a simmer, cook until thickened.
- Pour over veggies
- Top with pastry dough pinching edges.
- vent with holes and bake at 350 for 20 mins or until golden & bubbly.
Yum, yum, yum, this was soooo good, I think this will be a regular on my menu good warming Autumn fare. My family loved it as you can see I made individual dishes what a plateful. I had green beans from the garden so I added them to the rest. Thank's for a good recipe it was great, wouldn't change a thing.