1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I came up with this and it was fairly easy and had it on the table just a little over an hour! My kids loved it and it's such great comfort food to eat on a cold day. I used both chicken breasts and chicken thighs, as they were all I had in my freezer at the time, but you can you all white or all dark meat, whatever you prefer. I like to use both for great flavor! You can also use your leftover turkey for turkey pot pie, or use any leftover meat and it will taste great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 chicken tenders or 5 chicken breasts
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 -3 potatoes
- 2 -3 carrots or 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 12 ounces chicken stock
- 10 ounces canned milk or 10 ounces buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1Turn oven onto 400°F.
- 2In a skillet pan, spray the pan with nonstick spray and add the chicken. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper. Brown the chicken until no longer pink, about 10-15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile. Peel and chop the onions, potatoes, and carrots. Keep the potatoes and carrots in small pieces. I used baby carrots and sliced them up in thirds.
- 4In a medium pot, add about 1 tablespoon butter and saute the onions with about 1/2 tsp salt and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and carrots and stir well with the onions. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and canned milk season with pepper, lemon pepper, and sage. Put a lid on the pan and allow them to simmer for about 10-15 minutes and softened.
- 5By this time the chicken should be done, remove the chicken from the pan and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- 6Make the pie crust topping. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Stir well. Knead the dough a couple of times to allow it to be rolled. Roll out with a rolling pin into a large circle.
- 7Go back to the vegetables and add the frozen peas and allow to cook for about 2-3 minutes. Cut up the chicken into small pieces (Or you can add the leftover meat) and add to the pot of vegetables. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Pour the mixture into a deep dish pie dish or other round glass baking dish.
- 8Lay the pie crust on top of the mixture and pinch down the sides to keep the vegetables inside. Cut 4 slits on top. Cook for about 15-20 minutes and the pie crust is golden brown. Allow to cool for about for about 10 minutes and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.2
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 1610.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: