Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
A Healthy Meal with Vegetibles and Protein, but alot of flavor!
Make and share this Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup frozen lima beans
- 2 potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 10 tablespoons cold water
- Place dijon mustard, soy sauce and lemo juice in a nonreactive bowl and whisk until marinade is smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Clean chicken breat and pat dry, then place on a baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together lemon rinds, rosemary, sage, thyme, parsely and oregano and spread half of the micture over chicken.
- Pour the marinade on top then add remaining herbs and some cracked pepper.
- Place chicken in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Chop onion,dice potato and chop chicken when cooked.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat up Chicken Stock in microwave until warm.
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil and butter. Once hot, add onion and saute until just transparent. (About 4 minutes).
- Add flour and blend well then slowly stir in chicken stock.
- Add potatoes and boil until potatoes are mostly cooked.
- Crust: In a bowl add flour and butter, cut butter into flour.
- Add salt and water and mix until thick, but still liquid.
- Add chicken, lima beans, salt and pepper to pot. Cook until heated and thick.
- Spray an ovenproof dish with cooking spray and evenly spread hot ingredients.
- Pour crust over the top.
- Bake until crust is golden brown. (About 20-25 minutes).