Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Simply delicious famly favorite! Sure to be a hit in your home!
Make and share this Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 16 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- 4 medium potatoes, diced and parboiled
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packetgood seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 16 ounces half-and-half or 16 ounces light cream or 16 ounces milk
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ready made refridgerated pie crusts
- cornstarch, to thicken
- Bring pie crusts to room temperature.
- Slice chicken to your liking, (I cut ours in thin strips, and then small pieces).
- In a large frying pan, melt butter, and add chicken and Good Seasons. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is lightly brown. Add drained, parboiled, chopped potatoes, frozen carrots, and peas. Add cream or milk, and cook till thickened, you may have to thicken with cornstarch if using milk.
- In a large, deep cake pan (I use a wedding cake pan, (bottom tier).
- spray with Pam and place bottom crust. Fill with pot pie mix, and place top crust on top (it may not cover competely, but that's okay).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes, until crust is golden, and filling is bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes, and serve.
Pretty darn good and filling too. Easy to make and most of the things I keep in my pantry on a regular basis! Thanks for sharing!