1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
The Miserable Gourmet's Note:
Simply delicious famly favorite! Sure to be a hit in your home!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 16 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- 4 medium potatoes, diced and parboiled
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet good seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 16 ounces half-and-half or 16 ounces light cream or 16 ounces milk
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ready made refridgerated pie crusts
- cornstarch, to thicken
- 1Bring pie crusts to room temperature.
- 2Slice chicken to your liking, (I cut ours in thin strips, and then small pieces).
- 3In a large frying pan, melt butter, and add chicken and Good Seasons. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is lightly brown. Add drained, parboiled, chopped potatoes, frozen carrots, and peas. Add cream or milk, and cook till thickened, you may have to thicken with cornstarch if using milk.
- 4In a large, deep cake pan (I use a wedding cake pan, (bottom tier).
- 5spray with Pam and place bottom crust. Fill with pot pie mix, and place top crust on top (it may not cover competely, but that's okay).
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes, until crust is golden, and filling is bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes, and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1221.0
- Calories from Fat 638
- Total Fat 70.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 805.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 52.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix