1 hr 5 mins
Chef #842444's Note:
This is definitely comfort food! I came across a recipe several years ago and changed it to suit my taste. I hope you all like it as much as my family and I do! For the pie crust I use the kind that you unroll and lay into your dish-not the kind that already come in their own dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (for double crust)
- 1 egg
- kosher salt
- 1Cook frozen vegetables according to package directions.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In a sauce pan cook onion in butter until tender but do not brown.
- 4Stir in flour, salt, sage and pepper.
- 5Add chicken broth, milk and boullian all at once.
- 6Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Cook and stir for two more minutes.
- 8Stir in cooked vegetables and chicken.
- 9Heat through.
- 10Lay one pie crust in pie plate and fill with cooked mixture.
- 11Top with second pie crust.
- 12Flute or crimp edges.
- 13Cut slits in pie to allow steam to escape.
- 14Slightly mix egg with a small amount of water.
- 15Top crust with the egg wash and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- 16Bake until crust is golden about 20 minutes. Edges can be covered with foil to prevent burning.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.6
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 1033.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 29.0 g